14 Hockey Hall of Fame Members
7 All Star game MVPs went on to win the Stanley Cup in their All Star MVP Season
10 Times players went on to win major awards in their All Star MVP Season
- 4 Hart Memorial Winners (Orr, Gretzky(2), Lemieux)
- 3 Conn Smythe Winners (Beliveau, Bossy, Orr)
- 3 Leaster B. Pearson/Ted Lindsay Winners (Gretzky, Lemieux, Luit)
- 2 Art Ross Winners (Gretzky, Lemieux)
- 1 Norris Winner (Orr)
- 1 Maurice Richard Winner (Bure)
- 1 Calder Winner (Lemieux)
- 1 Lady Byng Winner (Gretzky)
Only 2 MVPs have been defensemen and both were Bruins (Orr, Bourque)
2 2-Time MVPs (Bobby Hull, Frank Mahovlich)
2 3-Time MVPs (Gretzky, Lemieux)
Really, what it boils down to is Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux were both pretty awesome (and that Orr fellow wasn’t to bad either). Also, most of the time it doesn’t matter who won the All Star game MVP. Shocking, I know.
Jerseys were chosen by which jersey I felt best represented each decade. They are not the jersey for each year. They are also not representative of the team each player played for.
The first four games listed were played at the beginning of the season, so those seasons are listed as such, ie the first game was in 1962, so the season awards are based on the 1962-1963 season. The game moved midseason starting in 1967, so from then on the years formatted for midseason. So, the 67 jersey represents the 1966-1967 season.